Getting Into Leadership Shape® – 2 day Program plus Coaching
This high impact, high engagement program conducted at EE’s corporate office is a two day program and includes exercises and techniques in all eight competencies found in the book.
LEAD WITH TRUST & RESPECT
Can someone trust your competence and your intentions?
- What Causes People To Trust Or Distrust – Discussion
- The Eight Key Leadership Competencies Defined – Self Assessment
- Recognizing The Four Types Of False Respect
- Strategies For Building Trust And Respect – Group Exercise
- How To Be More Honest, Direct And Respectful In Our Communication With Others – Exercise
LEAD WITH COURAGEOUS CONFIDENCE
Are you making the move or controlling the fall?
- Understanding How Others Perceive You And How To Change Perceptions – Talent TraitsTM Debrief
- Create A Personal Leadership Development Plan – Individual Exercise
LEAD WITH INTEGRITY AND ACCOUTABILITY
Do you take responsibility for your mistakes, or blame others?
- Understanding Your Leadership Values – How Your Values And Behaviors Line Up
- Understanding The Accountability Playing Field
- Holding Yourself And Others Accountable to Goals
- The Blame Game Exercise
- The Five Step Formula For Holding Others Accountable Exercise
LEAD WITH COMMUNICATION AND MANAGE CONFLICT
Are you a “ME monster” who talks more than you listen?
- How to Recognize When You Have a Communication Problem
- Questioning Exercises – The “ME” monster and Opinion Exercises and Video
- How to “Listen Backwards” – Group Exercise
- Understanding Your Conflict Style – Self-discovery
- Anger and Assumptions – How to Stop an “Interpretation” That Leads to Relationship Conflict
- Practical Strategies for Improving Communication With Others
LEAD THROUGH INFLUENCE
If you have no followers, are you really leading?
- The 4 Pillars Of Influence: Motivating, Coaching, Vision Defining, and Enthusiasm
- Research On Employee Engagement And Motivation
- Learning To Give Verbal Praise And Appreciation
- Understanding The Seven Motivational Styles Of Your Team And Creating A “Motivation Plan”
LEAD WITH A FOCUS ON THE FUTURE AND SELF-DISCIPLINE
Do you control your time and emotions in the interest of getting things done?
- Developing And Aligning Goals To The Department And Organization – The Four Types Of Goals
- Identifying Your “High-Payoff Activities” And Empowering Others Through Task Management And Delegation
- Using The “Emotional Triggers Tracker”, Goal Planning Worksheet, And “Habit Tracker” For Improved Results