The Employers Edge offers a customized approach to team development which includes 4 modules that can be delivered in ½ day sessions over time, or in a 2 or 3 day program.
Modules and Process:
- Interview key participants to identify the teams’ challenges and needs.
- Administer the ProfileXT Assessment to all participants.
Session One: 4 hours
- Personal Histories Exercise
- Overview of the builders and blockers to effective teamwork
- Team Development Assessment
- Building Trust
- Why People Have Trouble Trusting
- Warning Signs
- The ProfileXT Personality Assessment Review and Team Evaluation
- Participants “buy in” to the development program understanding what it takes to work effectively as a team.
- Through a personality and team assessment, team members begin flexing their communication style to the needs of the team.
COMMUNICATION & CONFLICT
Session 2: 4 hours
- What is Effective Communication
- The Problem with Communication
- Listening to Others
- Fostering Open Communication
- Understanding Team Conflict and Conflict Styles
- Creating Team Communication Norms
- Wants and Gives
- Participants identify and establish a set of norms around how the members will engage one another in communication and conflict.
- Participants will develop strategies for improving communication and teamwork.
Session 3: 4 hours
- The Responsible Team Member
- The Game of Work – Accountability Model
- Out of Bound Excuses
- Steps to the Goal
- The Team Report Card
- Accountability Feedback Exercise
- Owning the Feedback
- Team members learn to recognize their responsibility for the performance of their team and begin to develop goals for performance improvement.
- Team members create a system of accountability and feedback strategies for holding team members accountable for results.
Session 4: 4 hours
- Getting Results
- Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Job Analysis Review
- Authority & Decision Making
- Managing Priorities
- Identifying High Pay-Off Activities
- Meeting Management Expectations
- Commitment Clarification
- Team members review and discuss roles, responsibilities, and decision making authority.
- Team members identify “high pay-off” activities and develop targets for measuring performance.
- Participants learn tips for preparing and conducting effective meetings for improved communication and accountability.
- Participants learn strategies for clarifying commitment to new decisions and direction.