Getting Into Leadership Shape® – 90 Day Challenge
This high impact, high engagement program conducted at your facility with your people is a three day program and includes 24 exercises and techniques in all eight competencies found in the book.
LEAD WITH TRUST & RESPECT
Can someone trust your competence and your intentions?
- What Causes People To Trust Or Distrust – Discussion
- The Eight Key Leadership Competencies Defined – Self Assessment
- Recognizing The Four Types Of False Respect
- Strategies For Building Trust And Respect – Group Exercise
- How To Be More Honest, Direct And Respectful In Our Communication With Others – Exercise
LEAD WITH COURAGEOUS CONFIDENCE
Are you making the move or controlling the fall?
- Understanding Your Crash Pads – How Fear Can Paralyze Action
- Understanding How Others Perceive You And How To Change Perceptions – ProfileXT Debrief
- Create A Personal Leadership Development Plan – Individual Exercise
LEAD WITH INTEGRITY
Do your words and actions match up?
- Identifying your “White Line”
- Understanding, writing and communicating your values.
LEAD WITH COMMUNICATION AND MANAGE CONFLICT
Are you a “ME monster” who talks more than you listen?
- How to recognize when you have a communication problem
- The ME monster Exercise – It’s all about me!
- How to “Listen Backwards” – Group Exercise
- Understanding Your Conflict Style – Self-discovery
- Anger and Assumptions – How to stop an “interpretation” that leads to relationship conflict
- How to deal with anger and avoid assumptions
LEAD WITH INFLUENCE
Are you leading or taking a walk?
- Learning how to coach, motivate, and develop your staff
- The Three Types of Motivational Approaches and The Seven Motivational Styles
- Learning and Practicing the Three Step Positive Feedback Formula
LEAD WITH ACCOUNTABILITY
Do you take responsibility for your mistakes, or blame others?
- Understanding the Accountability Playing Field
- Holding Yourself and Others Accountable to Goals
- The Blame Game Exercise – Accountability Coaching Questions for Yourself and Others
LEAD WITH A FUTURE FOCUS
Do you focus on the vital few or the trivial many?
- The importance of planning and goal setting
- Learning the planning process, how to set employee and departmental goal
LEAD WITH SELF-DISCISPLINE
Are you spending time in activities that are worth more than your rate of pay?
- The importance of controlling your time, your emotions, and your personal motivation
- The High Pay-Off Activity Exercise
- Using the Emotional Response Tracker